PuTTY is an SSH and Telnet consumer, which was developed for the Windows platform by Simon Tatham. Right here, on this weblog, I can be offering detailed steerage with the intention to use PuTTY for connecting to the Amazon EC2 instance.
WHAT’S THE PRE-REQUISITION EARLIER THAN YOU UTILIZE PUTTY TO HOOK UP WITH YOUR AMAZON EC2 INSTANCE?
So, earlier than you view this weblog, you must have already created your EC2 occasion. Additionally, you must have downloaded ‘putty’ and ‘puttygen’ in your PC. It may be useful to acquire data about PuTTY earlier than you dive into the weblog.
Therefore, for downloading ‘putty’ and ‘puttygen’, and to acquire data about PuTTY you possibly can take reference to my earlier weblog which has been offered under.
STEPWISE PROCEDURE TO CONNECT TO AMAZON EC2 INSTANCE USING PUTTY
How to connect SSH into ec2 instance using SSH using Windows
1. Open your PuttyGen(it is included with your Putty Client installation) on your PC.
2. Make sure the checkbox “RSA” is selected.
3. Click load and go to the folder where you have stored your pem file, select it and choose open.
4. You will see this message.
5. After the Key is loaded, click on save private key. Then a message will prompt, select yes.
6. Now type a name for your key. For this example, the key will be named “instance” (it is not necessary to add the .ppk to the name file, Putty will do it)
7. Now close PuttyGen program and open Putty. Go to SSH section and double-click it.
8.Go to Auth section and select the ppk file that we just created.
9. Go back at the top in the Session section. Fill the field Hostname (or IP address) with the IP address given to your AWS instance and click open.
10. A warning will prompt. The server host is not registered on our PC, so we must add it. Click yes.
11. A window will prompt asking for the username, type your distro username, in this demonstration, username is ubuntu.
12. And there you go! Now you’re connected to your AWS instance using Putty on your Windows OS.
As you can see, the steps are quite simple, but sometimes we can mess up the SSH conversion on Windows or how to get your instance information, in case that happens or you forget any step, feel free to come back and take a look on this tutorial of how to connect to ec2 instance ssh.
Now you will not be facing doubts the next time you launch your amazing AWS instances, perhaps you want to take a look at how much you will spend on these brand new instances, feel free to read How AWS Pricing works or read more awesome blogs on our website!
Leave a Comment